Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I got a lovenote today!

A platonic lovenote, but a lovenote nonetheless. It was an email from a dear friend from college. I'm not going to say how long ago college was, but suffice it to say that there have been more years since we became friends than there are years before we became friends. I can't say how long it's been since the last time we've talked, but we're the kind of friends where literally years can go by and we can pick up and be right there for/ with each other agan at any time. So, the top of this moment's gratitude list is a surprise lovenote from a dear, dear friend.

Here's my lovenote:

Quote:

I thought of you today and smiled. (Of course, I think of you often; even if I don’t reach out to touch you, you are in my mind all the time.)



Anyway, I got a pedicure over the weekend and picked a fun, bright, summery color that somehow called to me. This morning I was looking at my glimmering toes and suddenly made the connection: the last time I had this color nail polish, we were getting ready for C’s wedding and found a color that exactly matched her bridesmaid dresses! Remember that bright, sparkling magenta we wore? That’s the exact color on my toes this week. J OPI calls it “Ladies and Magenta-men.” (I get a kick out of the names…)



I remember sitting with you and C by the side of a swimming pool (at the hotel?) and doing all our nails. It was hot and we were with friends. It’s such a strong snapshot of a memory, even after all these years. The image hit me like a bus this morning and I’ve been carrying it with me all day.



I just had to share the smile and let you know you are always, always in my thoughts. You and I have so much common history and understanding, from such a formative time in our lives. And that persists, even across gaps in our contact.



I wanted to tell you how much I love you.

J

Endquote


Lucky, lucky, lucky loved me!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Would somebody please tell me the right way to quote in a blog. I keep getting error messages when I try. Or is my HP trying to tell me that I'm not supposed to be putting words in here that are not mine. I'm so confused. OY!

1 comment:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

There is nothing like old friends -- and nothing like being loved. :)