Saturday, March 29, 2008

The end of my reading diet

Today I'm officially going off of my diet. I didn't do it perfectly, but I did do it. I guess it was an exercize in progress, not perfection. There were some gifts along the way. Like when I had agreed to meet a friend in a bookstore before I knew that I'd be on a reading diet. I walked around looking at peoople instead of books, and I saw a little girl who had found a book shaped like a treasure box. She was thrilled, and told her mother that she found treasure! Cute. I didn't do all the things I thought I'd get done when I wasn't reading. I didn't connect with people in the way that I planned. If you didn't get a phone call from me, know that I didn't call anyone else either. Overall, I'm glad for the experience, and now I'm glad I'm done. Now it's off to read my friends' blogs and then I'm going to the library.

1 comment:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Welcome back to the world of the reading, R! It's funny. Just yesterday I was thinking, "I feel like talking to someone on the phone. I should call R, since she's on her reading diet." But those moments only last about 15 seconds in my life -- my daughter brought me out of that thought and I was on the go for the rest of the day.