Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I've been blessed.

I've been blessed by Jay, with the blessings of thoughtfulness (both in the sense of being full of thought and in the sense of caring,) friendship, reciprocity (I hope,) and the blessing below:



The idea.... it’s a game of tag with a difference, rather than looking inwardly, we look outside ourselves and bless, praise and pray for one blog friend. By participating in this endeavour we not only make the recipient of the blessing feel valued and appreciated, but we are having some fun too. We’re going to see how far the bloggin’ blessings can travel around the world and how many people can be blessed! Recipients of a bloggin’ blessing may upload the above image to their sidebar if they choose to. If you recieve a bloggin’ blessin’ please leave a comment on this thread here so that we can rejoice in just how many blessings have been sent around the world!

I bless…. Scout, JW, and Mantra

I bless Scout because she IS a blessing to me and because it seems she could use a blessing these days.

I bless JW because she introduced me to my virtual recovery world and because she walks with me in my real recovery world, because she's my sister and my friend.

I bless Mantra because though we've never met in real life, she's there for me in ways people I see every day are not, and because she challenges me to stretch in so many ways.

My prayer for each of you is the "we" version of the serenity prayer. God, Grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

And for Scouter, a second prayer, the Mi She Berach, the Jewish prayer of healing, which you can hear here.


+++

and that’s it, nearly…

So, all Scout, JW, and Mantra now have to do is to;

a) bless 3 blog buddies each.
b) Include the ‘God Bless you’ image in their post.
c) Explain briefly why they are blessing the people they are blessing.
d) pray/include in the post the prayer for the recipients of the blessing.
e)The recipient/sender of a blessing should type in the com box of this very post that a blessing has been sent to them so we can keep track of how many blessings are being given.

P.S. MPJ, consider yourself blessed too. Moonmaid just beat me to it. I don't want to be responsible for any codiexplosions. I bless you, MPJ, because you made it possible to cross from virtual to real friendship, and because you're my loyalest (yep, I said loyalist) reader and commenter and because you've blessed me with awards that I haven't figured out how to post on my site, and because I believe that you're not pantydancing. You love me. You really love me.

P.P.S. Blessings back atcha Jay. See above.

5 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I really love you, R! :) And I can use all the blessings I can get!

Mantramine said...

Looks like I gotta get to some bless'n. I will....

Mantramine said...

Looks like I gotta get to some bless'n. I will....

joy said...

Why thank you, my friend! Funny, I'd just sneezed when I read this post...seriously...I've got the tissue right here...so I laughed and laughed while reading it.

Hopefully, I'll be seeing you tomorrow!

Mantramine said...

Hey R, where you at? I only see you in passing at the pink helicopter rescue site...