Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mi She Berach

Many of my blogging friends seem to have sick bodies and/or spirits right now. So, this is for you, Scout, Jay, MPJ's husband and family, my sponsor's mom, my partner, and anybody else who's hurting physically or emotionally.

If you want to hear it sung by the person who wrote the music and lyrics, you can hear it here.
Mi she berach avoteinu,
M'kor hab'racha l'imoteinu

May the source of strength, Who blessed the ones before us
Help us find the courage to make our lives a blessing
And let us say: Amen.

Mi she berach imoteinu,
M'kor hab'racha l'avoteinu
r'fuah sh'leima

Bless those in need of healing with r'fuah sh'leima
The renewal of body, the renewal of spirit,
And let us say: Amen.

4 comments:

joy said...

That was really beautiful.

joy said...

And look at you using links!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Thanks so much for thinking of my family. I think Jay (who will correct me if I'm wrong) and I (along with some others) actually had part of this prayer printed and framed to give to a friend who was beginning work as a nurse, which means it's now doubly meaningful and special for me.

Jay said...

Mary's right. That song is one of the most meaningful I sing - the way it asks for strength for us first helps me feel grounded and secure as a healer myself. And having it offered for me makes me deeply happy. Thank you. (I'm much better now - hope you are, too.)