Saturday, September 1, 2007

Scary

My partner has an absessed tooth. She was prescribed narcotic pain meds, her drug of choice. It's a scary time. My sponsor says that her personal opinion is that people shouldn't have to be in pain just because they're addicts and that if this prompts a relapse that I will just have to trust her higher power and that she has something to learn. Most of the time, I'm ok, but sometimes the feelings bubble up for me. We're doing well, at least for now, working through it together. AFGO!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

That is scary. I worry about my husband and prescription pain meds, and he was never addicted to them -- but I've been scared his addiction will just jump to something new -- the meds. How much harder to be serene in your situation -- yet it sounds like you are doing a great job of working through the anxiety, staying present and trying to trust to a higher power. Hang in there!

joy said...

AFGO. Sigh...

Your partner has her program, and that's something to be grateful for.

You've got my number if you ever need anything.

Anonymous said...

someone should be monitoring them for her -- she's in early recovery after all.
peace,
Scout