Friday, October 5, 2007

displaced again

I got displaced from a job that I LOVED last spring. I'd been doing it for 20 years and it was the perfect job for me. I started my new position in August. The day before I was supposed to start, I got a phone call from the secretary and just KNEW that I was being displaced again. Nope, she just wanted information about my computer. Then, there was a typo in a list of employees that listed me as half instead of full-time. Again, I knew the handwriting was on the wall. Then about 3 weeks ago, there was a meeting where they told us that more displacements were coming. They said they'd be looking to move people in positions like my new one, so of course, that meant me. I finally let my guard down this week. I'm finally starting to feel competent in the new position, I feel like I'm getting to know and like my colleagues, I feel like I'm starting to make a difference, and I'm getting positive feedback from many stakeholders. So, of course, today, BAM, I get the phone call. Looks like I'm being moved. Damn!!!